Privacy & Security Policy
Table of Contents
Your Personal Information and How We Use It
- When you place an order with us, Ambush Technologies collects the necessary amount of personal and financial information to facilitate fulfillment of your order and keep you informed of its status. This information includes your name, billing address (and shipping address if different than your billing address), phone number, e-mail address, credit card number and expiration date. Once an order has been processed, your personal information is retained in a secure location so that we may assist our customers in the instance of a product return or future order.
- Adome utilizes cookies to automatically supply your personal information (name, shipping address, phone number and e-mail address) when you return to the shopping cart after placing an order. We do not store credit card information in the cookies. Cookies are small pieces of information which are stored on your computer's hard drive when you visit a website. If your browser is set to not accept any cookies, users will not be able to place an order via the website. You may place a phone order by calling 1-212-710-2337.
Users may, from time to time, engage in a chat session with a Ambush Technologies agent. This chat session may be initiated either by the user or by the agent who may invite a visitor for a chat. Any information provided voluntarily during such chat session may be collected in a database. Such information will be used to provide better service to returning visitors and to get a better understanding for the needs of our audience. The chat software used on Adome is written and hosted by LiveHelper, a third-party software company. Clicking on any of the links contained within the chat box takes the user outside of Ambush Technologies and the user will be subject to LiveHelper's Privacy Policies.
- Ambush Technologies tracks certain user statistics for a number of purposes. We track the general trends of our users when they visit our website. This information helps us tailor content that we provide to our users. We also use this information for internal marketing analysis.
- If you provide information about yourself by registering on a page, by filling out a survey, by entering a contest or otherwise by voluntarily telling us about yourself or your activities, we will collect that information for our own use. We use the information you and other visitors give us to improve the products, services and content on our site. We use your e-mail address to keep you informed of your order status as well as occasionally to send updates on our products and services.
Is Shopping at Ambush Technologies Safe?
Orders placed with Ambush will occur via a secure server. Our secure server utilizes VeriSign Secure Server Software (SSL) technology which encrypts your personal and financial information before it is sent to us, making your information indecipherable while in transit over the Internet. Additionally, all information we collect from our users is protected from unauthorized access in a secure location.
To be sure you are browsing secure pages, check the bottom of the web page for the icon of a closed padlock. This icon appears in the latest versions of Internet Explorer and Netscape Navigator to tell you that your information is protected. Also, all browsers display an "s" after the "http" in the Web site address to indicate that you're in a secure environment.
Once your personal information is received and processed, it is stored in a secure manner and is only accessible by authorized personnel.
Credit Card Security
Your web browser and our server encrypt confidential information during transmission. This ensures that all transactions stay private and protected. Using SSL (Secure Socket Layer) encryption technology, credit card and other information is encoded prior to Internet transmission. Our VeriSign SSL certificate ensures that order information is sent to Ambush and that the information has not been tampered with during transmission. This configuration makes eavesdropping on credit card transactions almost impossible.
Our secure order form is accessible to vistors using all recent browsers, including the latest versions of Microsoft Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox.
Every transaction that is encrypted and uses our secure servers is guaranteed to be safe. If your credit card information is stolen because you used your credit card to place an order at Adome, we will make sure that you do not have to pay any fraudulent charges made to your account, provided that the following steps have been followed:
- Before submitting credit card information, please verify that your browser has successfully connected to the secure server (indicated by a lock or key icon in the browser). Refer to your browser's instructions for more information about its security features.
- You must notify your credit card company in accordance with its reporting rules and procedures. Consumer protection laws exist to protect you against the unauthorized use of your credit card. Under the Fair Credit Billing Act, for example, your bank cannot hold you liable for more than $50 of fraudulent charges on your account.
To facilitate secure, encrypted online credit card transactions, Adome also utilizes VeriSign Payment Services. Verisign operates under its own set of Privacy and Security Guidelines.
Disclosure of Your Information to Third Parties
Ambush Technologies maintains relationships with trustworthy third party vendors to sell their products on our website. When an order is fulfilled by a third party, Ambush contacts the third party vendor for the express purpose of shipping your order. In such instances, the only information Ambush shares with the third party company is the customer's name and shipping address. No financial information is shared with the third party vendor. All third party vendors have reviewed and agreed to the terms of our privacy agreement. Beyond this, no other personal information is shared, sold, or rented to any third party for commercial use.
Assuring the Accuracy of the Information We CollectAmbush strives to ensure that that all information we receive from our customers is correct and up-to-date. When an order is placed, we check to see that the billing address our customer provides us with matches the information on file with the third party financial institution. This is done on our part to help prevent fraudulent credit card activity.
This Privacy Notice covers the online information policies of http://www.ambush.net All other affiliates of Ambush Technologies operate under their own privacy and security policies.
We make our best effort to ensure the security of your information on our systems. Keep in mind that whenever you voluntarily disclose personal information online that information can potentially be collected and used by others. By conducting your transactions responsibly online, and utilizing our secure software, you are greatly reducing your risk of fraudulent data collection.